Thursday, May 22, 2008

Modifications to Research

After this past week's meeting, I managed to focus my research topic and relate it to our group's topic of "identity." In general, I will be studying the phenomenon of "ostalgie" and will be using the sale of eastern products to explore this.

While in Germany, I plan to visit the Brandenburg Gate and Stasi Museum. I also hope to find a local store which sells East German products. If I can manage to find one, I hope to watch the clientèle of the store for any trends in age or otherwise.

In addition, I plan to watch the movies mentioned in my previous post prior to leaving for Germany. I have already acquired "Good-bye Lenin!" and will be watching it this weekend.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You're doing the Ost identity right? Something you can look into is traffic laws. Apparently it was legal to turn right on red in the GDR but not in the FDr. it might be interesting to see what became of this. Just thought I'd pass the info on.

Rachel said...

You should also try to get a hold of the movie sonnenallee. It's about teenagers in the GDR